- Brownings celebrate 60th Mr. and Mrs. Benny Browning of Shelbyville will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary with a family gathering. Mr. Browning and Norma Wheeler were married September 19, 1953, in Decatur. He is retired from Mueller Co. and Lockart-Green Funeral Hom
Emma Slifer born Sept. 3
Mike and Jennifer Slifer of Mode announce the birth of their daughter. Emma Claire was born September 3, 2013, at 8:01 a.m. at St. Anthony Memorial Hospital in Effingham.
- Wheats to celebrate 50th Mr. and Mrs. Leroy Wheat will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. They were married on September 22, 1963. Joining them in celebrating are their two sons: Terry Wheat (Nancy) and Troy Wheat (Violet); and their five grandchildren: Travis (A
- Richards, Weber plan October wedding Mallory Richards of Effingham and Bryce Weber of Teutopolis announce their engagement and upcoming marriage. Parents of the future bride are John and Perrie Richards of Effingham. Parents of the future groom are Bruce and Karen Weber of Teutopolis. G
- Walker, Steele to wed Sept. 21 Wayne Steele and Danette Walker will be married September 21, 2013, at 1 p.m. on the Steele farm. Friends and family are welcome to attend. There will be a potluck following the ceremony. Please bring a covered dish to share.
- Nottingham, Dunaway wed July 13 Ann Nottingham and Nicholas Dunaway, both of Shelbyville, were married July 13, 2013, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Shelbyville. Pastor John Curtis and Father Don Wolford officiated the ceremony. Ann is the daughter of Jeff and Eve Nott
- Barna completes basic training Mitchell T. Barna, 2013 SHS graduate, has completed his basic training for the Army National Guard at Fort Leonard Wood, MO. He trained in Charlie Company, 787th Military police battalion. The graduation ceremony was held August 30, 2013, at the Fort
- Orsborn, Pope plan October wedding Keetra Jo Orsborn and Kristopher David Pope are happy to announce their engagement and upcoming marriage in October. The bride-to-be is the daughter of Kathy and Dennis Isley, Earl Orsborn, and Janice Johnston, all of Shelbyville. She is a 2002 gradu
- Gordons to celebrate 50th anniversary Jim and Christine Gordon will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary September 15. Jim and Christine were married at the First Christian Church, Cowden, by Rev. Ernie Smith on September 16, 1963. Jim is the son of the late Everett and Louester
- Agney, Gordon plan Aug. 23 wedding Ashton Agney and Richard Gordon announce their engagement and upcoming marriage. The bride-to-be is the daughter of Brad Agney and Cindy West of Shelbyville. The groom-to-be is the son of Rohn and Laura Gordon of Mattoon. An August 23 wedding will be
- More Celebrations Headlines