Cowden-Herrick CUSD #3A will be holding an informational meeting on Thursday, March 6, at 7 p.m. in the Cowden-Herrick High School gym in regards to the 1% Shelby County School Facility Occupation Tax.
Presenters will be Shelbyville Schools superintendent Denise Bence, Pana Schools superintendent Dr. David Lett, Central A&M Schools superintendent Dr. Kyle VonSchnase, and Cowden-Herrick Schools superintendent Darrell Gordon.
They will be discussing the following questions:
- What is the 1% Shelby County School Facility Occupation Tax?
- How much money will the sales tax bring to our schools?
- How will the funds be used?
- Can these revenues be used for other purposes?
- Will every school district in the county benefit?
- Why a sales tax?
- Does the tax apply to all purchases?
- How much will I actually be paying if it passes
- How will the county sales tax for schools appear on the March 18 ballot?