Lake Shelbyville - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is excited to announce the 2013 Campground Photo Contest. Over the 4th of July weekend, all are invited to take photos at any of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers campgrounds (Coon Creek, Bo Woods, Lone Point, Opossum Creek, Lithia Springs) and then submit them by e-mail for judging. Top 3 photos will be chosen from 3 categories: -people -animals -plants
4 July - Contest begins.
7 July - Contest ends. E-mail your photos to us by 9PM the next day (Monday 8 July 2013).
12 July - Winners will be notified via e-mail.
- All are welcome to participate. You do not need to be camping.
- The categories are meant to be vague; be creative!
- No date/time stamps on photos. We will use the “honor system”: please submit only photos taken at the campgrounds from 4-7 July 2013.
- By submitting photos for this contest you give the Army Corps of Engineers permission to use your photos at and around the Visitor Center and in all future web and print publications.
- The top 3 photos from each category will be automatically entered in the 2013 Shelby County Photo Contest.
*NOTE: Winning the 2013 Campground Photo Contest DOES NOT mean you have won the 2013 Shelby County Photo Contest.
- In order to best display the winners at the Visitor Center, those photos will need to be enlarged. Please be sure to submit photos 5 megapixels or larger.
- Photos should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the email, please include your name and telephone number with “4th of July Photo Contest” in the subject line.
- Submissions must be received by 9PM on Monday 8 July 2013.
Top 3 photos from each category will be displayed at the Visitor Center for the remainder of the 2013 season. The winner of each category will be featured on the Army Corps of Engineers web page and in the upcoming 2013 Program Catalog.