SHELBYVILLE, IL. —
A Tower Hill family is left homeless as the result of a fire Monday morning.
The fire call came at 4:14 a.m. for the two-story home of Raymond and Cathy Pease, 110 W. Fillmore. The five family members all escaped safely.
"We believe the fire started in the attic and spread throughout the there," said Tower Hill Fire Chief Randy Kay. "We believe it was electrical in nature."
One firefighter was treated for minor injuries.
Mutual aid came from Pana, Shelbyville, and Assumption. Pana Ambulance also responded. Firefighters remained on the scene until 9:07 a.m.
The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.
"I'd like to thank the mutual aid and ambulance service for their quick response and assistance," Kay said.