Spesard also reported:
- Repair work on the bridge in Windsor Township has started and should be completed in a few days
- Work on the Neoga Road is nearly complete, awaiting striping and reflectors, but is open
- Work on the Neoga Road bridge will be begin June 30. The road at the bridge will be closed for the construction. Construction costs are estimated at about $751,000.
- Work on the Oklahoma Bridge will begin June 17.
- Underwater inspection of the Findlay Bridge reported no major findings.
- Work on the Shelbyville Township railroad crossing approach started last week
- The Ash Grove bridge is closed and state letting will be held June 14. Work is expected to begin this fall.
Zoning and EMA director Jared Rowcliffe reported that the rural addressing project is ongoing.
“It’s slower than anticipated,” Rowcliffe said. “Oconee, Herrick, Lakewood, Cowden and Tower Hill are complete. Shelbyville has been slowed down.”
Board Chairman Bruce Cannon reported the public building committee is looking into a weatherization grant through DEOC (Development and Economic Opportunity Committee) in the amount of $500,000 for roof and window work on the Courthouse.
No action was taken following the executive session concerning possible litigation.