Spesard reported that two railroad crossing approached in Okaw Township south of Findlay will be improved with lights and gates and that the bridge construction south of Henton has started. He also reported that the Assumption-Findlay Road intersection will be given a new micro surface and that Fayette County will resurface their portion the county line road between Cowden and Herrick. One bridge is scheduled to be replaced on that road and another bridge is scheduled to be replaced in fiscal year 2016. The road will be closed during the resurfacing later this summer.
In other action the board approved the resolution to amend the delinquent tax program agreement which involves a name change of the firm for the program.
The board approved the intergovernmental agreement, resolution and ordinance for FY 2015 Rural Transportation, Certificate of Intent, Special Warranty Acceptance, Purchase of Service contract with CEFS/CIPT, and Vehicle Lease agreement as presented by CEFS Transportation Director Dennis Shiley.
The board also approved support for the resolution opposing Senate Bill 3263 Wind Energy Facilities Construction and Deconstruction Act. Board member Rob Amling noted that with wind farms in McLean County there has been lots of road damage.
Chairman appointments approved were:
- Mark Wolf, trustee of the Tri-County Fire Protection District
- John Beldon, trustee of the Strasburg Fire Protection District
- Mike Kessler, trustee of the Stewardson Fire Protection District
- Kevin Kersey, trustee of the Cowden Fire Protection District
- Brian West, trustee of the Cowden Fire Protection District
- Don Selby, trustee of the Tower Hill Fire Protection District
- Penny Standerfer, trustee of the Shelbyville Fire Protection District
- Cooperative Extension Committee reappointments - Don Strohl, Gary Gergeni, and Jesse Durbin