Lake Shelbyville - Due to the federal government shutdown the 37th Annual Eco-Meet scheduled for October 10, 2013 and the 5th Annual Youth Deer Hunt, organized by the Corps, scheduled for October 12 and 13, 2013 have been canceled. We do plan to conduct the Eco-Meet when the shutdown ends but at this time a rescheduled date has not been set. The registered participants will be notified of the new date when it has been decided. The Youth Deer Hunt will not be rescheduled this year due to the dates of this deer season. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers understands and regrets the impacts these cancellations have on people that were preparing and planning to participate in these events. Once the shutdown ends we will reopen the affected areas closed due to the shutdown as quick as possible and conduct future special events as planned.
- Local News
- Harvick becomes first repeat winner Kevin Harvick won the race he has also wanted to on Saturday night. Harvick claimed his second win of the season by winning the famed Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway. Harvick appeared to have the race in control most of the night, leading 238 laps
- SS/W Converts v. Pana Stew-Stras/Windsor softball won their eighth straight game on Tuesday, cashing in against Pana, 11-5. The Comet co-op lost their first game to Central A&M, 7-6, then won seven straight. During that stretch they had eight batters hitting over .300, th
- Students complete Read, Right, & Run Marathon A group of Shelbyville students, ages Kindergarten through 6th grade, participated in the GO! St. Louis Read, Right, & Run Marathon on April 5. The event was held at Forest Park, St. Louis. Coordinators were Lisa Mayhall and Stacy Lindemann. The GO!
- Audit report: County's finances 'level' The county's finances are "level", according to Robin Yockey of Mose, Yockey, Brown and Kull LLC. Yockey presented the audited financial report to the County Board during last week's regular meeting. "The county's finances remained relatively level b
- Moulton Jr. High presents spring concert Moulton Middle School 6th, 7th, and 8th grade choruses presented its Spring Concert Tuesday evening in the High School auditorium. The 6th and 7th grade choirs combined to present "Bye Bye, Love", "Read All About It", "Just a Bit of Sunshine", "Play
SHS Prom Royalty Candidates named
Shelbyville High School has announced its 2014 Prom court.
- Sgt. Timothy Owens laid to rest Saturday Jackson Adams Effingham Daily News Sgt. Timothy Owens laid to rest Saturday
- Father, son veterans honored with headstones Military headstones were placed near the graves of a Blackhawk War veteran and his Civil War veteran son Friday thanks to the efforts of a Shelbyville man. The stones were placed near the Graham family plot at the corner of Veterans and Highland Aven
- Shelby County Art Show Results 2014 Welcoming weather helped this year's Shelby County Art Show to be quite busy with many visitors to the Lake Shelbyville Visitor Center. This SCAS had a large number of entries in both junior and adult divisions, as well as many demonstrators showing
Mock accident drives home message
The screech of tires -- the crunch of metal ... two school buses pull away to reveal a head-on collision involving high schoolers on Prom night.
- More Local News Headlines