Lake Shelbyville - Due to the federal government shutdown the 37th Annual Eco-Meet scheduled for October 10, 2013 and the 5th Annual Youth Deer Hunt, organized by the Corps, scheduled for October 12 and 13, 2013 have been canceled. We do plan to conduct the Eco-Meet when the shutdown ends but at this time a rescheduled date has not been set. The registered participants will be notified of the new date when it has been decided. The Youth Deer Hunt will not be rescheduled this year due to the dates of this deer season. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers understands and regrets the impacts these cancellations have on people that were preparing and planning to participate in these events. Once the shutdown ends we will reopen the affected areas closed due to the shutdown as quick as possible and conduct future special events as planned.
- Local News
- Publisher to honor historic farms SIKESTON, Mo. -- The publisher of an upcoming book honoring historic family-owned farms in Illinois says initial response to their publicity campaign has been overwhelming, despite the fact that a large number of farm owners still haven't heard about
- 4-H Federation makes cards for soldiers Shelby County 4-H Federation members met on April 14 with Pat Titus and made cards for the Troops. Pat Titus is from Arcola and goes and meets with groups to make cards. She brings all the materials to make cards and asks for a small donation to hel
- School board chooses energy contractor for High School The Shelbyville school board took the first step to replace the heating system in the High School building during the regular school board meeting Thursday evening. After hearing recommendations from the facilities committee, the board approved GRP,
- Students complete Read, Right, & Run Marathon A group of Shelbyville students, ages Kindergarten through 6th grade, participated in the GO! St. Louis Read, Right, & Run Marathon on April 5. The event was held at Forest Park, St. Louis. Coordinators were Lisa Mayhall and Stacy Lindemann. The GO!
- Audit report: County's finances 'level' The county's finances are "level", according to Robin Yockey of Mose, Yockey, Brown and Kull LLC. Yockey presented the audited financial report to the County Board during last week's regular meeting. "The county's finances remained relatively level b
- Moulton Jr. High presents spring concert Moulton Middle School 6th, 7th, and 8th grade choruses presented its Spring Concert Tuesday evening in the High School auditorium. The 6th and 7th grade choirs combined to present "Bye Bye, Love", "Read All About It", "Just a Bit of Sunshine", "Play
SHS Prom Royalty Candidates named
Shelbyville High School has announced its 2014 Prom court.
- Sgt. Timothy Owens laid to rest Saturday Jackson Adams Effingham Daily News Sgt. Timothy Owens laid to rest Saturday
- Father, son veterans honored with headstones Military headstones were placed near the graves of a Blackhawk War veteran and his Civil War veteran son Friday thanks to the efforts of a Shelbyville man. The stones were placed near the Graham family plot at the corner of Veterans and Highland Aven
- Shelby County Art Show Results 2014 Welcoming weather helped this year's Shelby County Art Show to be quite busy with many visitors to the Lake Shelbyville Visitor Center. This SCAS had a large number of entries in both junior and adult divisions, as well as many demonstrators showing
- More Local News Headlines