Lake Shelbyville - Due to the federal government shutdown the 37th Annual Eco-Meet scheduled for October 10, 2013 and the 5th Annual Youth Deer Hunt, organized by the Corps, scheduled for October 12 and 13, 2013 have been canceled. We do plan to conduct the Eco-Meet when the shutdown ends but at this time a rescheduled date has not been set. The registered participants will be notified of the new date when it has been decided. The Youth Deer Hunt will not be rescheduled this year due to the dates of this deer season. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers understands and regrets the impacts these cancellations have on people that were preparing and planning to participate in these events. Once the shutdown ends we will reopen the affected areas closed due to the shutdown as quick as possible and conduct future special events as planned.
- Local News
- Sgt. Timothy Owens laid to rest Saturday Jackson Adams Effingham Daily News Sgt. Timothy Owens laid to rest Saturday
- Father, son veterans honored with headstones Military headstones were placed near the graves of a Blackhawk War veteran and his Civil War veteran son Friday thanks to the efforts of a Shelbyville man. The stones were placed near the Graham family plot at the corner of Veterans and Highland Aven
- Shelby County Art Show Results 2014 Welcoming weather helped this year's Shelby County Art Show to be quite busy with many visitors to the Lake Shelbyville Visitor Center. This SCAS had a large number of entries in both junior and adult divisions, as well as many demonstrators showing
Mock accident drives home message
The screech of tires -- the crunch of metal ... two school buses pull away to reveal a head-on collision involving high schoolers on Prom night.
- Pana's Kitchell Park receives OSLAD grant At a press conference held at Memorial Park in LaGrange Park, Illinois, Saturday, April 5, Illinois Governor Pat Quinn announced grants awarded to 46 parks in 21 Illinois counties. Pana's 40 acre Kitchell Park received $190,000 which when matched wi
- Council approves Chautauqua Days plans Chautauqua Days Festival plans were approved by the Shelbyville City Council Monday evening. Vickie Davis and Brenda Elder presented plans for the May 30-June 1 event which includes bands and vendors in Forest Park. They asked for approval for the pl
- SMH battles cancer and provides hope in different, fun ways Shelby Memorial Hospital (SMH) is working hard to defeat cancer and have fun while doing so. Join the fight by supporting any one of these events. On Saturday, April 12, SMH will host its first-ever Quarter Auction Spring Bazaar. The doors will open
- Four individuals face methamphetamine charges EFFINGHAM, IL -- Effingham County State's Attorney Bryan M. Kibler has announced the charging of four individuals in connection with a continuing and ongoing methamphetamine investigation in the region. Arraigned in Effingham County Circuit Court Mon
- Moweaqua, Herrick parks receive grants Governor Pat Quinn announced $16.5 million in investments for 46 local park projects across Illinois Saturday, April 5, including grants to the Village of Herrick and the Moweaqua Township Park District. The investments will expand outdoor recreation
New management contracted for Eagle Creek Golf Course
Findlay, IL -- Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) Director Marc Miller approved a contract with Green Golf Partners Tuesday, April 8, to maintain and operate the Eagle Creek Golf Course, located on the shore of Lake Shelbyville near Findlay.
- More Local News Headlines