Lake Shelbyville - Due to the federal government shutdown the 37th Annual Eco-Meet scheduled for October 10, 2013 and the 5th Annual Youth Deer Hunt, organized by the Corps, scheduled for October 12 and 13, 2013 have been canceled. We do plan to conduct the Eco-Meet when the shutdown ends but at this time a rescheduled date has not been set. The registered participants will be notified of the new date when it has been decided. The Youth Deer Hunt will not be rescheduled this year due to the dates of this deer season. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers understands and regrets the impacts these cancellations have on people that were preparing and planning to participate in these events. Once the shutdown ends we will reopen the affected areas closed due to the shutdown as quick as possible and conduct future special events as planned.
- Local News
- Miller, Koonce vie for Sheriff position Editor's Note: The following is a reprint of the questions and answers posed to the candidates for Shelby County Sheriff this past fall. Two candidates for Shelby County Sheriff currently have their hats in the ring and will face off in the March el
- NASCAR: Harvick is "Freaky Fast" in Phoenix As the cars rolled out onto the grid last weekend at Phoenix International Raceway, most drivers said Kevin Harvick had the car to beat. 312 laps later they were correct. Harvick won in dominating fashion with his sponsor Jimmie Johns and the words
- No Headline Provided Driver Standings 1. Dale Earnhardt, Jr 88 2. Brad Keselowski 84 3. Jeff Gordon 80 4. Kevin Harvick 79 5. Jimmie Johnson 78 6. Joey Logano 75 7. Matt Kenseth 70 8. Denny Hamlin 68 9. Carl Edwards 65 10. Greg Biffle 64 11. Casey Mears 64 12. Jamie Mc
- City Council targets dilapidated building owners The Shelbyville City Council is targeting property owners to renovate or demolish buildings that have become uninhabitable. In discussing buildings, such as the Lidster Hotel and the burned building in the 100 block of North Morgan, Commissioner Gib
- Everett D. McCain Formerly of Shelbyville Everett D McCain, Sr., 67, of Mattoon formerly of Shelbyville passed away at 7:17 a.m. Thursday (February 27, 2014) in Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Care Center, Coles County. There will be no services. Arrangements are by Lockart-Green Funeral Home, She
- Ram 7th Sweeps Mayo Shelbyville Moulton volleyball, who came into the Tuscola East Prairie Regional with just a 9-8 record and a #3 seed, upset Paris Mayo (#2) in the semifinal on Tuesday, 25-21, 25-19. "Once the girls started playing, they did great," said Ram 7th coac
- Time Change Reminder Be sure to change your clocks forward one hour before going to bed Saturday night. Daylight Savings Time begins at 2 a.m. Sunday. Time Change Reminder
Shelbyville man charged with vehicle burglaries
A Shelbyville man has been charged with Burglary in connection with recent car break-ins.
- Relay for Life Kickoff March 11 On Tuesday, March 11, at 5:00, the American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Shelby County will officially get underway as event volunteers and participants gather at Monical's in Shelbyville for a kickoff rally to launch their fundraising efforts fo
- Governor Announces $4 Million in Fire Safety Investments CHICAGO - Governor Pat Quinn and Illinois State Fire Marshal Larry Matkaitis today announced a $4 million investment to help 193 fire departments across the state purchase safety equipment, protective clothing, breathing apparatus and other tools for
- More Local News Headlines