After serving the residents of Shelby County as Sheriff for the past eight years, Sheriff Mike Miller would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for your trust and support as he announces his intention to run for re-election.
Sheriff Miller pledges his continued professional common sense approach to law enforcement, as well as the honesty, integrity, and good customer service the citizens of Shelby County have come to expect from the Shelby County Sheriff’s office. Sheriff Miller firmly supports the constitutional rights of our citizens and will strive to see those rights preserved. In Sheriff Miller’s 17 years of law enforcement he has learned the value of treating everyone with respect.
During his tenure, Sheriff Miller and his staff have worked diligently to constantly improve their methods and practices to provide the highest level of protection and service. Every year Sheriff Miller has stayed within his annual budget. The Sheriff’s Office has also benefited from grants totaling over $1,000,000 and have cut costs that have saved the county taxpayers money during Sheriff Miller’s terms in office. Here is just some of the money saving major accomplishments during Sheriff Miller’s last eight years in office:
* New surveillance cameras for detention center
* Ten on-board video cameras for squad cars
* On-board computers for squad cars
* New bullet proof vests for deputies
* Vast improvement in digital communications
*Two K-9 dogs, equipment and vehicles
* Replaced outdated duty weapons and added patrol rifles
Other important achievements of his last eight years as Sheriff include:
* Installed camera surveillance and improved courthouse Security
* Hired first female deputy in Shelby County
* D.A.R.E. Program (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) in all Shelby County schools
* Continued support of TRIAD (an association between Sheriff’s Office and seniors to keep seniors informed and safe)