* Built and continue to maintain excellent working relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
* Implemented Offender Watch tracking of Sex Offenders for safer communities
* Awarded college scholarship each year from the Illinois Sheriff’s Association
* implemented GED and Church services for inmates while in custody
* Received high ratings on jail inspections done yearly from Illinois Department of Corrections
* Increased deputy patrol staff from 8 to 10 patrolling deputies
Sheriff Mike Miller was born and raised in Shelby County and lives in Herrick with his wife Trish, who is a registered nurse, and their three sons AJ, Taylor and Nicholas. Sheriff Miller’s father and mother are John and Linda Miller also of Herrick.
Sheriff Miller is a member of the Illinois and National Sheriff’s Associations, Fight Crime Invest in Kids organization, Family Violence Coordinating Council, St. Patrick’s Catholic Church of Pana, Clover Leaf Lodge 990 of Herrick, Oconee Lion’s Club, Boy Scout Troop 98 Executive Board, and a past member of the Cowden-Herrick School Board.
Looking to the future Sheriff Miller plans to lead the effort of providing Enhanced 911 services to Shelby County which will ensure faster response times by all emergency services. Sheriff Miller has dedicated his professional law enforcement career to the safety and well- being of all Shelby County citizens and would like to continue that dedication and service. During his campaign for the upcoming March 18 2014 Primary Election Sheriff Miller plans to speak with many of the voters of Shelby County and personally ask for your continued support and trust.