SHELBYVILLE, IL. —
The container’s a tough one, without any doubt!
Designed to blend in, and not to stick out!
The trick here, you see, is to examine one end!
There’s a hint of a hole, and something within!
It’s long, thin and round, like an oversized pencil!
To get the prize out, you might use a utensil!
Cool cats hang out here, or where one would bowl!
It’s getting colder, here at the North pole!
To the planters of fakes, you’ve made the bad list!
The Boss isn’t happy! Yes, Santa is miffed!
Tricking good kids, is bad for the soul!
You’d better be good, or you just might get coal!
SHELBYVILLE, IL. —
- Local News
Local farmer supports Strasburg Farmer's Market through 'America's Farmers Grow Communities'
Shelby County farmer Floyd Storm has directed a $2,500 donation to the Strasburg Farmer’s Market. Funded by America’s Farmers Grow Communities, the donation will help the group purchase electrical outlets and lights for the parking lot located next to the Strasburg Community Building.
- Miller, Koonce vie for Sheriff position Editor's Note: The following is a reprint of the questions and answers posed to the candidates for Shelby County Sheriff this past fall. Two candidates for Shelby County Sheriff currently have their hats in the ring and will face off in the March el
- City Council targets dilapidated building owners The Shelbyville City Council is targeting property owners to renovate or demolish buildings that have become uninhabitable. In discussing buildings, such as the Lidster Hotel and the burned building in the 100 block of North Morgan, Commissioner Gib
- Time Change Reminder Be sure to change your clocks forward one hour before going to bed Saturday night. Daylight Savings Time begins at 2 a.m. Sunday. Time Change Reminder
Shelbyville man charged with vehicle burglaries
A Shelbyville man has been charged with Burglary in connection with recent car break-ins.
- Relay for Life Kickoff March 11 On Tuesday, March 11, at 5:00, the American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Shelby County will officially get underway as event volunteers and participants gather at Monical's in Shelbyville for a kickoff rally to launch their fundraising efforts fo
- Governor Announces $4 Million in Fire Safety Investments CHICAGO - Governor Pat Quinn and Illinois State Fire Marshal Larry Matkaitis today announced a $4 million investment to help 193 fire departments across the state purchase safety equipment, protective clothing, breathing apparatus and other tools for
- 2 vie for County Clerk Editor's note: The primary election will be held on March 18. Two county offices, County Clerk and Sheriff, have races on the democratic ticket. The Daily Union will highlight the democratic candidates for these offices. Today, we feature incumbent C
- Windsor man charged in Casey man's death A Windsor man is charged in the death of a Clark County man in January. Thomas C. Messina, 19, was arrested in Joliet by Illinois State Police on February 25 and charged with first degree murder for the January 15 killling of Gregory Scott Collins o
Fire Dept. responds to shed fire
Shelbyville firefighters were called to the scene of a shed fire in the trailer park on South Third Street Friday afternoon.
- More Local News Headlines
- Local farmer supports Strasburg Farmer's Market through 'America's Farmers Grow Communities'