- Local News
- Sherry Kay Spitzner Flora Sherry Kay Spitzner, 54, of Flora passed away at 4:29 a.m. Friday (July 25, 2014) at the Clay County Hospital, Flora.Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday in the Lockart-Green Funeral Home, Cowden with Pastor Mark Smith officiating. Vis
Drowning death reported
A Shelbyville woman is the apparently victim of a drowning Sunday morning.
- Lake Shelbyville tree stand permits available for 2014-15 Lake Shelbyville - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers would like to announce that the Lake Shelbyville Tree Stand Policy for this season will remain the same as it was last season. The policy allows hunters to leave one seasonal tree stand up for the d
- Aquafest at Dam West Beach Aug. 2 Lake Shelbyville - Aquafest at Dam West Beach is no ordinary day at the beach. The Lake Shelbyville, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will be hosting Aquafest for Saturday, August 2, from noon to 4:00 p.m. Children and adults of ages all are welcome to a
- Shelbyville Edward Jones office to collect school supplies Tad Mayhall, an Edward Jones financial advisor in Shelbyville, is supporting the Shelbyville schools by using his office as a drop-off location for a school supplies drive.Local residents and businesses may help by bringing in items to the Edward Jon
- SMHGirls Night Out on Know Your Medications SHELBYVILLE, IL, – According to the National Health Institute, close to 40% of Americans receive prescriptions for four or more medications. Medication is a powerful tool in a healthcare professional’s tool kit, but when combined with over-the-counte
In the story "Eagle Scout rebuilds Illini Trail bridge" (July 18), the carpenter who helped on the project was Doug Martin, not Doug Hall.
- Findlay Walleye Festival begins Friday A variety of entertainment for the whole family beckons visitors to the annual Findlay Walleye Festival this weekend.The Festival begins at 4 p.m. Friday evening with music by Jim Allen and Country Classics with Kelsey Beard and Curt Wooters, followe
- Art Show to feature young artists Emerging young artists from Millikin and the immediate Shelbyville area will open their show of work at Flourishes Gallery and Studios in downtown Shelbyville on Saturday afternoon, July 26 from 1-4 p.m. The public is invited to view and visit with
- School Board approves engineering, bonds resolutions for HVAC system With $3.205 million in bonds sold, the Shelbyville Board of Education approved and signed the resolution providing for the issuance of the bonds to begin work toward the new HVAC system at the High School building.David Pistorius of First Midstate In
- More Local News Headlines