- Local News
- Writer featured at 1st Sunday Sing March 2, First Sunday Sing at Flourishes Gallery and Studios, will feature a creative writer and more. John Maclean Enright, 16 years old and very talented in writing, will read to attendees. He writes science fiction, Doctor Who in particular. His
- Parking lot renovations approved by City Council Renovation of the South Broadway Street parking lot will begin this spring thanks to action by the Shelbyville City Council Tuesday evening. The renovated parking lot, located south of the downtown minipark, will include stamped concrete resurfacing
- Cowden-Herrick district to hold sales tax informational meeting Cowden-Herrick CUSD #3A will be holding an informational meeting on Thursday, March 6, at 7 p.m. in the Cowden-Herrick High School gym in regards to the 1% Shelby County School Facility Occupation Tax. Presenters will be Shelbyville Schools superinte
Tornado, storms sweep Shelby area
One confirmed tornado and unconfirmed reports of others accompanied a strong storm line that swept through Shelby County Thursday afternoon.
- 4 County correctional officers receive awards from Illinois Sheriff's Association For most folks dedication to duty in their job would mean a pat on the back or possibly a raise in salary. However, when four Shelby County correctional officers (C.O.s) went above and beyond the call of duty their quick thinking meant a difference b
- Tower Hill Fire Department receives grant The Tower Hill Fire Department recently received a grant from the Office of the Illinois Fire Marshall that will help supply new gear for the volunteer department. The department received nearly $26,000 which will purchase 12 complete sets of gear. "
- Pana Community Hospital luncheon focus on heart disease It was Thanksgiving Day, 1997 and Lori Holthaus was busy preparing for the holiday dinner. She chose to ignore the pain in her chest and down her arm. It was probably stress or the effects of an overactive schedule. As the pain got worse, the signs b
- County Board hears of pipeline project, Eagle Creek In regular business for the Shelby County Board, County Highway Engineer Alan Spesard explained the agreement with Enbridge Pipeline for maintenance and repairing of roads as part of their project through the county. Enbridge Pipeline is the installe
- Illinois News is Briefs Grace period for unregistered voters CHICAGO (AP) -- It's not too late for Illinois residents to register to vote in this year's upcoming elections. The deadline for regular registration came and passed on Tuesday. But now voters are getting a secon
- SHS to present dessert theater Approximately 60 performers will dance and sing across the stage as Shelbyville High School presents its biennial dessert theater on March 7 and 8. "Let Them Eat Cake" is a collection of 13 different acts presented by the school's Fine Arts Departmen
- More Local News Headlines