- Local News
- Shelby County to celebrate 4-H Week Shelby County 4-H Week is March 15 - March 21, 2014. 4-H Week's theme is 4-H . . . It's out of this World. 4-H leaders and families are going to be busy with all the activities that are being planned. This is also the last month to join 4-H as the re
- Schools appeal to voters for sales tax support Valorie Eversole Daily Union Editor Schools appeal to voters for sales tax support
Eagle Creek followup statement
In a followup to the Eagle Creek update story printed earlier this week, the Illinois Department of Natural Resources released the following statement Tuesday afternoon:
SHS Dessert Theater Dazzles
From the opening number to the closing farewell, “Let Them Eat Cake”, was an ultra- sweet treat, performed Friday and Saturday night by the Shelbyville High School Fine Arts department.
- Shelby County Art Show entry deadline approaching March 26 is the deadline for entry forms and fees to be mailed in order for adults and K-12 students to enter the Shelby County Art Show. April 12 and 13 will see art at the Lake Shelbyville Visitor Center and area artists are gathering what they ha
BMDD abandons Eagle Creek Project
Editors Note: After publication, the IDNR contacted the Daily Union and stated that the 10-day letter referred to in this story was not sent. Since their meeting, BMDD has pulled out of work at Eagle Creek Resort.
Since 2009, when Eagle Creek Resort was shuttered by court order due to mold contamination, residents and county officials have wondered what the fate of the area was going to be.
- Todd Shadwell Longest Serving Deputy for Sheriff's Department Deputy Todd Shadwell recently discovered he holds the distinction of being the longest serving deputy with the Shelby County Sheriff's Office. In April, Deputy Shadwell will have worked for the department 23 years. Deputy Shadwell learned of this dis
- Shelby County Health Fair set for March 26 The Shelby County Senior Center, Shelby County University of Illinois Extension and SAIL (Soyland Access to Independent Living) along with the Shelbyville Lions Club have all teamed up to put on the Shelby County Health Fair. The health fair will tak
- IDNR sends BMDD 10-day notice about Eagle Creek Since 2009, when Eagle Creek Resort was shuttered by court order due to mold contamination, residents and county officials have wondered what the fate of the area was going to be. Last week Illinois Department of Resources took action against BMDD wh
- Lake Land celebrates agriculture students at banquet Lake Land College recently honored students in its agricultural programs at the 43rd Annual Agriculture Banquet. More than 650 people filled the Lake Land College Field House for the banquet, which honored outstanding agriculture students and alumni.
- More Local News Headlines