- Local News
ISP Travel Advisory
The following information is being released by Illinois State Police Pesotum, District 10 regarding road conditions.
- Shelby County 'Good place to live' Shelby County ranks 30th out of Illinois' 102 counties in health rankings according to a nationwide survey The County Health Ranking Survey uses information from a variety of sources to evaluate the county's health outcomes. Areas evaluated include m
- Firefighters receives gear from Chicagoland department Eleven packages of new gear plus a big check for $10,000 equals a lot of happy firefighters. Several pieces of Shelbyville Fire Department gear were damaged and stained with oil during the oil rig fire near Clarksburg in April. The contaminated gear
- Windsor 7th loses at Sectional Windsor 7th grade basketball went a lot further this year than expected. They ran up a record of 18-6 and won the Stew-Stras regional. However, on Thursday they dropped the Stew-Stras Sectional crown, one game short of state, to Sigel, 38-16. Sigel
- Chili cook off canceled Chili cook off canceled The Stewardson chili cook-off set for Saturday has been canceled due to inclement weather. Camp New Hope Ride set for March 8 The 3rd Annual Camp New Hope Ride will be held March 8. All vehicles are welcome. Sign up starts at
2 charged in James death
Effingham -- Effingham County State's Attorney Bryan M. Kibler has filed felony charges against two individuals in connection with the February 4 death of Jessica M. James, 29, of Effingham and formerly of Shelbyville.
- Judge Ericka Sanders to run for Circuit Judge Associate Judge Ericka Sanders of Marion County announced that she will run for the Circuit Judge position to be vacated by retiring Judge Sherri L. E. Tungate. Sanders was appointed Associate Judge in January of 2010 by the twelve elected Circuit Ju
- Shelby Area Sports Schedule Tuesday, February 11 Shelbyville varsity/JV basketball hosts Warrensburg, 6 p.m. Central A&M varsity/JV basketball at Meridian, 6:30 p.m. Central A&M freshmen basketball at Meridian, 5 p.m. Windsor varsity/JV basketball hosts Dieterich, 6:15 p.m. Wed
- Modzelewski, Russo featured in art exhibit A new art show is opening at Flourishes Gallery and Studios in Shelbyville on Saturday, February 15 from 1-4 p.m. Flourishes, located downtown at 140 ½ E. Main, brings to you the most recent works of Dan Modzelewski and paintings and ceramic pieces b
- Coaches v. Cancer contributes check The Coaches v. Cancer Night at the Shelbyville boys basketball game v. Tolono Unity on January 24 had its pay-off on February 7. Members of the SHS Key Club donated a check for $788 to Chris Bogart of the Shelby County Relay for Life. The funds were
- More Local News Headlines
- ISP Travel Advisory