- Lady T'Wolves snag Hawks Okaw Valley girls knocked off rural rival Meridian on Monday, 44-38. The Lady T'Wolves got a good start with a 14-9 run in the 1st. They upped their lead to seven points by the break, 21-14. Meridian opened a can of catch-up in the 3rd, exploding wi
- Shelby Area Sports Schedule Friday, November 29 Cowden-Herrick varsity/JV basketball at Mulberry Grove Turkey Tourney: v. Sandoval, 5:15 p.m. Okaw Valley varsity basketball at Edinburg Turkey Tourney v. Morrisonville, 4:30 p.m. Saturday, November 30 Cowden-Herrick varsity/JV ba
- Shelby Area Sports Results Monday, November 25 BASKETBALL Mulberry Grove Tourney: Cowden-Herrick 54, Ramsey 46 Edinburg Tourney: Okaw Valley 67, Waverly 44 GIRLS BASKETBALL Arthur 51, Shelbyville 25; Shelby JV lost Okaw Valley 44, Meridian 38 Sullivan 62, Arcola 52 Marshall 54
- Hornets win, lose at MG The Cowden-Herrick Hornets opened their season with a win over Ramsey in the Mulberry Grove Turkey Tourney on Monday, 54-46, only to drop game 2 on Tuesday to Odin, 94-55. The Hornets fell behind on Monday with back-to-back 15-8 and 15-9 runs by Rams
- SS/W beats BCCH Stew-Stras/Windsor 7th grade girls basketball edged BCCH recently, then faced them again in the Central A&M Regional on Tuesday. They won again, 19-12, ending BCCH's season and advancing to the championship game against Central A&M on Thanksgiving Ev
- Hornets drop NTC opener CHBC came into the NTC tournament with a 1-1 record (0-1 NTC), but a loss to Dieterich put them behind the curve, 46-31. The two teams felt each other out in the 1st round like a couple of boxers and were tied just 6-6. They upped their offense in th
Shelby JV Levels Hillsboro
Shelby JV basketball tipped off their season with a 18-point rout of Hillsboro on Tuesday, 49-31.
Moulton 8th Assaults Argenta
Shelby 8th wasted no time annihilating Argenta on Monday, opening with a 21-0 run. They went on to win by 33 points, 42-9.
Ram 7th Blows Up Bombers
Shelbyville 7th basketball scored enough points in the 1st quarter to tie Argenta's total output. They went on to win by 23, 39-16.
Rams Go Down Fighting
New look Shelbyville opened their season at home against a quick Hillsboro club with a 6-8 standout and despite slipping back by 13 with 2:42 left in the game they lost by just three, making the final shot at the buzzer, 58-55.
- More Sports Headlines