Raiders Slowed to a Halt
Central A&M girls opened up with a 9-0 run to start theirstate semifinal match-up against Carrollton, but then their shooting dried up and so did their lead. Carrollton caught up and took a slight lead and refused surrender, beating A&M 40-38.
- Shelby Area Sports Schedule Shelby Area Sports Schedule
- Rousey devastates McMann On Saturday, February 22, Ronda Rousey defended her UFC Women's bantamweight title by TKO-ing fellow Olympian Sara McMann. Prior to the bout, there was much in the way of anticipation between the two women. Though there was not the war of words seen
- Okaw Beats A&M, Then Bows In the Arthur 1A Regional, Okaw Valley opened with by battling Central A&M and getting the win, 76-68. Then they faced top-seed Arthur and got sent home, 68-31. It was a sprint from the opening tip with 41 points in the first 8:00. A&M led 22-19 afte
- Comets Win, Lose In Regional Stew-Stras basketball got off to a good start in the Cumberland 1A Regional by beating Cumberland, 57-48. Then they lost their semifinal to Dieterich, 76-37. The Comets were almost shut out in the 1st period on an 11-2 Toledo run. They then matched T
- Shelby Area Sports Results Monday, February 24 GIRLS BASKETBALL Salem 1A Super-Sectional: Central A&M 66, Goreville 41 Salem 2A Super-Sectional: Teutopolis 48, Breese Central 44 BASKETBALL Shelbyville 2A Regional: Pana 71, Shelbyville 58 Cumberland 1A Regional: Stew-Stras 57,
BC Upsets St. Elmo, Then Loses
Beecher City just lost to St. Elmo/Brownstown last week, 45-32. But at regional on Monday, BC knocked off the St. E/B, 72-56. BC then lost to top-seed Altamont on Wednesday, 73-49.
Ram 8th 3rd, Ram 7th 4th At Conference
Last weekend, Shelbyville 7th grade volleyball had made progress, but injuries hurt them in the conference tourney, as they finished 4th. Ram 8th came in as the 5th seed, but beat their seed, finishing 3rd.
Raiders Roll To Super-Sectional Title
Central A&M girls basketball is headed back to State after dismissing Goreville in the Salem 1A Super-Sectional on Monday, 66-41.
WRams Wrap Season At Duals
Shelbyville wrestling won their first-ever team regional, then sent a 6-pack to individual state. Their quest for sending a team to state for the first time fell one step short on Tuesday. Shelbyville lost to Vandalia at the Litchfield Team Sectional, 31-21.
- More Sports Headlines
- Raiders Slowed to a Halt