- St. Anthony Claims NTC Title Things have changed in the NTC girls tournament. St. Anthony and Neoga are the top dawgs and CHBC is struggling. St. Anthony and Neoga met in the title game on Saturday. St. Anthony got the upper hand and never gave it up, winning 39-28. St. Anthony
- Stew-Stras splits with Hornets A jaunt through the country to Herrick ended in a split for Stew-Stras Jr. High basketball last Tuesday. Stew-Stras 7th lost, 36-25, but the Stew-Stras 8th grade got a win, 54-19. The 7th grade game was in the balance for three quarters. Cowden-Herri
A&M Claims Regional Title
Central A&M Middle School claimed another girls basketball regional championship on Thursday, winning their own A&M 7-2A title over Stew-Stras/Windsor, 26-13.
Dull Hatchet, Exciting Game
It was the sloppiest Stew-Stras Homecoming Hatchet game in recent memory. Despite the play being more of a blunt object than a sharp performance, it was one of the most exciting Hatchet games in the series. In the end, the Comet Hatchet mystic magic pulled out the hometown win in overtime, 72-69.
- Okaw boys 1-1 to start Turkey Okaw Valley opened their season with a 17-point win over Waverly in the Edinburg Turkey Tourney on Monday, 61-44. However, they dropped their second game on Tuesday to Kincaid, 64-40. Peyton Hagerman led Okaw in the win with 27 points, including five
- Lady T'Wolves snag Hawks Okaw Valley girls knocked off rural rival Meridian on Monday, 44-38. The Lady T'Wolves got a good start with a 14-9 run in the 1st. They upped their lead to seven points by the break, 21-14. Meridian opened a can of catch-up in the 3rd, exploding wi
- Shelby Area Sports Schedule Friday, November 29 Cowden-Herrick varsity/JV basketball at Mulberry Grove Turkey Tourney: v. Sandoval, 5:15 p.m. Okaw Valley varsity basketball at Edinburg Turkey Tourney v. Morrisonville, 4:30 p.m. Saturday, November 30 Cowden-Herrick varsity/JV ba
- Shelby Area Sports Results Monday, November 25 BASKETBALL Mulberry Grove Tourney: Cowden-Herrick 54, Ramsey 46 Edinburg Tourney: Okaw Valley 67, Waverly 44 GIRLS BASKETBALL Arthur 51, Shelbyville 25; Shelby JV lost Okaw Valley 44, Meridian 38 Sullivan 62, Arcola 52 Marshall 54
- Hornets win, lose at MG The Cowden-Herrick Hornets opened their season with a win over Ramsey in the Mulberry Grove Turkey Tourney on Monday, 54-46, only to drop game 2 on Tuesday to Odin, 94-55. The Hornets fell behind on Monday with back-to-back 15-8 and 15-9 runs by Rams
- SS/W beats BCCH Stew-Stras/Windsor 7th grade girls basketball edged BCCH recently, then faced them again in the Central A&M Regional on Tuesday. They won again, 19-12, ending BCCH's season and advancing to the championship game against Central A&M on Thanksgiving Ev
- More Sports Headlines