W/SS Goes 2-for-3
Windsor/Stew-Stras Devil baseball was busy this weekend, playing three games in two days. W/SS beat Casey on Friday at Windsor, 14-7. They beat St. Teresa on Saturday at the Charlie Due Wooden Bat Tourney in Champaign, 4-1, but then lost to Champaign Central, 7-4.
Okaw Blasted Twice
Okaw Valley played two non-conference games on Friday and Satrurday and were blasted in both of them. They lost to Paris on Friday, 17-2, and to Warrensburg on Saturday, 14-2.
A&M 3rd, SOV 4th At Shelby Open
The State Track Repeat Champions, Central A&M, posted a 3rd place finish at the Shelby Girls Open on Friday, while Sullivan-Okaw Valley placed 4th in the early season positioning of contending teams.
Lady Rams Level Hillsboro
The Lady Rams leveled the Hilltoppers on Thursday, as Shelby strutted their stuff at home, winning 18-2.
Moulton Track Sweeps At Home
Shelbyville Moulton track swept the 7th and 8th, boys and girls meets on Thursday at home against other Shelby County teams.
- Shelby Area Sports Results Tuesday, April 8 BASEBALL Monticello 2, Shelbyville 1 Pana 4, Staunton 3 Sullivan 15, Clinton 4 Neoga 5, Charleston 2 Cerro Gordo 11, Okaw Valley 5 SOFTBALL Mattoon 11, Shelbyville 1 Cerro Gordo Bement 7, Okaw Valley 5 Teutopolis 10, Central A&M 0 Ne
- Shelby Boys, CAM Girls Win Shelbyville boys track and Central A&M girls track notched wins on Tuesday at a Shelbyville home meet featuring Okaw Valley Conference foes. Shelbyville boys scored 110 points, followed by Central A&M (73), St. Teresa (56), Sullivan-Okaw Valley (54),
- SS/W Buries Villa Grove Stew-Stras/Windsor softball (5-1) buried Villa Grove on Wednesday, 13-0. Kendall Knop (4-1) and the Comet defense shut down the Villa Grove offense, while the SS/W hitters broke out the bats. SS/W smacked three doubles and a home run. Becca Schlechte
- Rams Nipped, then Walloped John Curtis Daily Union Sports Editor Rams Nipped, then Walloped
- Still Throws No-Hitter Devon Still hurled a no-hitter against Arthur on Wednesday, winning 4-1, to help Okaw Valley (5-2) bounce back from a loss to Cerro Gordo on Tuesday, 11-5. Still has been leading the Okaw pitchers in strikeouts, but on Wednesday he also threw the fir
- More Sports Headlines
- W/SS Goes 2-for-3