Shelbyville Daily Union
---- — A Clarksburg family and their dog are homeless but safe following a fire this weekend
Firefighters responded twice to the same location in a 12-hour period Saturday night and Sunday morning. The fire had first started in the garage of the residence and by the time firefighters arrived, the fire had spread to the house owned by Rick and Nancy Hoover.
A residents escaped the fire safely Saturday, but a family dog was inside the home which was filling with smoke. Firefighters rescued the animal and returned it to the family unharmed.
The fire was believed to be extinguished, but a passerby Sunday morning reported seeing flames in the house roof and firefighters returned to the scene to find the house fully engulfed. There were no occupants in the home as they had sheltered somewhere else for the night.
“The second fire was a possible rekindle from the previous fire,” said Shelbyville Fire Department engineer Brent Fogleman. The fires are not suspicious and are not under investigation.
Tower Hill, Findlay, Windsor, Stewardson and Strasburg assisted in both fire calls.