Board chairman Bruce Cannon suggested that the committee draft a letter to the municipalities asking them to provide holding facilities for animals.
“It could be just a small cage, something to hold them temporarily,” Cannon said.
Board member Kay Kearney reported that the satellite office in Shelbyville for the Regional Superintendent of Education office will be closing in January.
“The satellite office is mainly for teacher certificate registration and GED registration. Registrations can be done online for both of these,” Kearney said.
Kearney also reported that the cost of the GED will increase to $120 in January, up from the current $50.
“I encourage anyone interested in taking the GED to do it now,” Kearney said.
The board approved the following appointments:
- Walt Lookofsky as Conflict Public Defender
- Robert Bridgeman as commissioner of the union Drainage District #1 of Pickaway and Todds Point townships
- Kenneth Kramer as commissioner of the combined Drainage District #2, Town of Tower Hill
- Peter Dove as commissioner of the combined Clarksburg and Shelbyville townships Drainage District #1
- Curt Corzine as commissioner of the union Drainage District #1 for Flat Branch and Assumption Townships, Shelby and Christian counties