Silver Spurs 4-H members had a card workshop at their March 11 meeting as part of their community service work for Shelby County 4-H week. 4-H’ers made handmade Easter cards with personalized messages thanking soldiers for their service and giving the soldiers some general information about themselves. 4-H members made 30 cards that were given to Pat Garlick in Shelbville. Pat started the organization Pride Packages back in 2005 when her son was stationed in Iraq. Pat sends care packages throughout the year to soldiers stationed overseas. Easter cards made by Silver Spurs members will be added to Easter packages that she will be sending in the near future. Silver Spurs members were able to help pack Christmas packages in November and it was an eye-opening experience. When club members discussed making cards for soldiers for their community service project, it was an easy decision to make cards to give to Pat for her Pride Packages. Shelby County 4-H thanks Silver Spurs 4-H members for putting “their hands to larger service”.
This Week's Circulars
Larry H. Mummel, 78, of Mode, IL passed away at 9:26 p.m. Friday, March 27, 2020 in his residence. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Howe and Yockey Funeral Home, Shelbyville, IL.
- Shelby County COVID-19 tests pending
- 03-25-20 update: Illinois announces 330 new cases of coronavirus disease
- 03-28-20 update: First death of infant to COVID-19 in Illinois; Macon and Fayette county cases confirmed
- Good Shepherd answers local COVID-19 questions
- Ram 8th, champs in our book
- 03-20-20 Shelby County property transfers
- Jeep Run raises money for Eternal Flame
- Illinois sets guidelines for schools during pandemic
- Colston critiques Ram season
- Woman found deceased at Spillway Motel