The Shelbyville Fire Department responded to three fires over the weekend, all involving mobile homes. One home located at the Sunnyside Trailer Court, suffered two fires, with the first occurring on Sunday at 3:45 a.m. and the second less than three hours later at 6:15 a.m.

According to Brian Eversole of the Shelbyville Fire Department, the minor first fire was confined to a garbage can and the second fire caused extensive damage to the bedroom and bathroom. Eversole said the two fires were unrelated and the second fire has been linked to a faulty water heater. The American Red Cross has responded to help the family affected by the fires.

A third fire occurred over the weekend at the Westview Trailer Court, early on Sunday morning. According to Shelbyville Fire Department reports, the small electrical fire underneath the residence was extinguished as it burned through a plastic water pipe. The localized fire caused slight smoke damage.

This Week's Circulars

Recommended for you