Shelbyville volleyball (15-7, 5-0 CIC) welcomed the Maroons into an ambush on Thursday night. The Rams charged over them 25-13, 25-18.

“Due to a couple of recent injuries, I adjusted the line a bit and pulled up another freshman to add to our varsity lineup. The adjustment made had no impact on how we played. It was a great win, leading into the Pana/Shelbyville Invite Saturday, in which we have an extremely tough pool.”

The Rams left the Maroons black ‘n blue, outscoring them 50 to 31. They blew the doors off in the first set, doubling them up, winning by 12 points. They then cruised to a 7-point win in the 2nd set.

The Rams didn’t score any aces in this match, but they did swing for 28 kills and added four blocks for 32 attack points out of 50 (64%). There were some standout performances by the Rams in this too-quick, 2-game match.

Kyleigh Marty delivered half of the kills, 14 of 28 Ram kills, a season match-high for her in just 2 sets. She hit 14 of 29 kills (48.3%). Madi Cisna and Kynlee Summers had just 2 and 6 kills, but both scored at 40%.

Chloe Watson dished 19 of the 20 Ram assists towards the 28 kills. She handled the ball 56 times and had jut one error (98%).

That means 8 of the Rams 20 kills (40%) were opportunity kills, free balls and 1-timers. The other 60% came from the set offense. Watson also led in net defense with two blocks.

Kya McConnell was the leader at the line and in mid-court defense. Usual libero Lexie Rohdemann did not play and McConnell more than stepped up. She recorded a double-double with 12 points and 21 digs, a season-high. She had one error in 22 digs attempts.

Carson Beyer had a standout performance at the line as well, serving 11 points and scooping 8 digs, both season-highs. Beyers had one error in 9 dig attempts. McConnell and Beyers also co-led in service receive with 7 receives, each and no errors.

Shelbyville varsity (15-7, 5-0 CIC) plays at the Pana/Shelby Invite on Saturday, then joins the Ram JV (10-2, 5-0 CIC) and fresh-soph (11-2, 5-0 CIC) playing at St. Elmo on Tuesday.

Thursday Varsity

Shelbyville def. Clinton, 25-13, 25-18

Ram stats: Kyleigh Marty 8 points, 14 kills, 2 digs; Kya McConnell 14 points, 21 digs; Chloe Watson 4 points, 2 kills, 19 assists, 5 digs, 2 blocks; Carson Beyers 11 points, 8 digs; Kynlee Summers 7 points, 6 kills, 1 assist, 5 digs, 1 block; Mia Wade 4 points, 1 kill, 9 digs; Madi Cisna 4 kills; Mal Holland 1 kill, 1 dig, 1 block.

JV

Shelbyville def. Clinton, 25-18, 23-25, 15-13

Ram stats: McKenna Durbin 13 points, 1 ace, 7 kills, 7 assists, 5 digs; Emma Stauder 10 points, 5 aces, 4 kills, 14 digs; Andi Hall 10 points, 1 ace, 5 kills, 10 assists, 4 digs; Carli Canada 9 points, 2 aces, 1 kill, 9 digs; Mal Holland 10 points, 3 digs; Cracee Tucker 10 digs; Jaylin McCabe 4 points, 1 ace, 1 kill, 5 digs; Chloe Frederick 2 points, 2 kills

Fresh-Soph

Shelbyville def. Clinton, 25-19, 26-24

Ram stats: Carli Canada 13 points, 3 aces, 3 kills, 13 digs; Graycee Gottfriedt 7 points, 2 aces, 2 kills, 10 assists, 3 digs; Alivia Young 10 points, 2 aces, 1 kill, 3 assists, 4 digs; Gracee Tucker 5 points, 1 ace, 8 digs; McKenna Durbin 5 points, 56 kills, 3 digs; Emma Stauder 3 points, 5 kills, 2 digs; Erin hall 1 point, 2 kills, 2 digs; Macy Owens 6 points, 1 ace, 7 digs

John Curtis can be reached at john.curtis@shelbyvilledailyunion.com

This Week's Circulars

Recommended for you